Friday 22 March 2013

The Book of Mormon London




                                                                After three weeks spent in France I was so excited about coming to London again.
I was only here for a day and the schedule was tight: my priority was to go see       the Book of Mormon.

I had heard all about it, watched the youtube videos over and over again, but man, I was NOT prepared for this.





I laughed my *** off from beginning to end! I cried, I fell off my chair, I cried again.


To be completely honest, I am not a fan of South Park (whose creators wrote the musical) but that humour was totally my kind.

You've got to be a genius to be able to mock the religion and make it ok.

Trey Parker and Matt Stone adress topics that can be rather shocking for some, hilarious for others.
Aids, supressed homosexuality, and even female circumcision, there is no taboo for those two.

Amongst the best quotes, this one is from the main character, Elder Price,  after he saw someone get shot in the head in Uganda:
"Africa is nothing like the Lion King!"

The song that I enjoyed the most was "Turn it off", which is a mormon tip to stop feeling things that aren't allowed, with that hilarious part:
"Imagine that your brain is made of tiny boxes. And find the box that's gay and CRUSH IT!"

The songs are actually so catchy than I have been listening to them non stop since the show.

I might never join the latter day faith, but at least I can say that I'm part of the Book of Mormon fans, and that's good enough.




No comments:

Post a Comment