Tuesday 16 October 2012

Wee Frenchy is relocating to London

Sorry folks, I haven't been writing in a while.
Between my placement in STV (subtle drop, I got published for the first time), preparing for London and my driving test , it's been a pretty crazy month.


So yes, London: I have found my dream work placement, 6 weeks in a London-based French radio station.
My first chance to actually read the news which is an amazing opportunity, but weirdly enough , I have never read in French, so this will be a bit of a challenge.

On Sunday night, I met Paul and Derek in the Butterburn pub in Hamilton for a last drink, and a surprisingly huge amount of tears from my side- I am blaming their French kiss shooter which is just heaven in a glass, two layers of Baileys and Chambord.

Then old work colleague Brian, who was rehearsing with some guitarist friends, started singing a song I had never heard before named "the green fields of France". Here went the tears again, I am going to miss Scotland so much.

There is a reason why Scots have such a good reputation worldwide. I have lived in France, in China, in Australia, and in London for a bit, I have never ever made so many friends at once, never felt so loved and welcome anywhere else in the world, and for that Scotland, I give you a "cheers, pal!".

But back to London (too much cheesiness for my blog), I will be down there for a minimum of six weeks, enjoying every minute of it, and I will of course share my experience online, so keep posted.







No comments:

Post a Comment