Saturday 13 February 2016

I tried the Benefit Brow bar and VIP bar and became addicted

I'm not a beauty blogger. I would swap crème de la mer for crème brûlée any day of the week.
Of course, as most french women do, I like to use a wee bit of makeup, but that's about it. Never had my eyebrows done before, never had hair extensions. I'm pretty much 100% natural, with no additives. But when I was invited to try the Benefit brow bar and Vip bar in House of Fraser, I thought it would be a nice opportunity to get girlier (spoiler: I had heaps of fun).


I was picturing a dentist chair, a table with different sizes of tweezer lined up, and a back door to quickly escape if left looking like a clown... But the Benefit brow bar was nothing like that.
Located in the back corner of House of Fraser, the stall is airy and offers tons of space. The pink furniture I was sitting at matched the presenting shelves around. Just like a Barbie shop, only for grown ups (ish).
The lovely beautician asked what I wanted (-I want a brow wax but I still want to look exactly how I look now...) then used a plastic thingy, some kind of ruler, to determine where my eyebrow had to start, finish, linger, loop... That sort of thing. I love science. You get to choose between wax or tweezers and I picked the latter.
I was offered a brow tint but I elegantly refused (take it easy sister!) and the whole experience lasted a pain-free couple of minutes.


Final word: I liked the result. I must say I never felt like I needed that kind of service but I am grateful that I got to try it. I can see how some girls would feel much much better with a bit of tweezing as it does broaden your eyes.


Two floors up and you will find another Benefit space, only smaller. This is the VIP bar. This is where your girlfriends and yourself can enjoy a bit of pampering while sipping on prosecco.
As Valentine's day is around the corner, I asked for a rosy, fresh looking makeover.
I was in the expert hands of Claire that day and I must say, she knows what she's doing that girl. In fact, she told me that she used to do bridal makeovers. Say no more!
I will not bore you with the whole process of getting my face done, but the whole make over lasted about 25 minutes and I definitely learnt a few tricks.
Amongst all the Benefit products that were used, two in particular caught my attention...



They're real, the primer: if you already use Benefit, you must have used the "they're real mascara" at some point. I know I have. The primer on the other hand is brand new, and very promising. It didn't only plump up my eyelashes, but it made the whole removing process easier as well. I tried it on my eyebrows too since the color is light brown and it looked pretty good (will be reconsidering that tint).





Benetint: yummy yummy rose tasting lip tint. I'm usually ruling for team lipstick, but that tint convinced me: it was light on the lips, last longing and super tasty. Plus, according to Claire, the product was originally created in 1977 for an exotic dancer who was looking for a nipple stain. So there you go. Happy Valentine's day to you (and your partner!)



Final word: I really enjoyed being pampered and I loved the young looking result (and the prosecco).

If you want to treat yourself to a wee Valentine's Day make up at Benefit this weekend, know that you can get your makeup done, complimentary, when purchasing two Benefit items. The prosecco is usually 5,50 pounds, but if you quote: "TheweeFrenchyValentine" you'll get a free glass on me with your makeup. De rien! (offer valid on 13th and 14th of February 2016 only)



No comments:

Post a Comment