Monday 6 August 2012

Leeds: best breakfast at Primos

We had a few hours before our train to York and decided to have a nice filling (meaning fatty) breakfast.
We strolled around the calls and ended up at the corn exchange.



This Victorian building is host to many original shops, such as Teddy and co that caught my eye: they offer a large selection of collectible bears and homemade celebration cards.

I thought it was a great place for browsing, and perfect for finding that little special gift you would get nowhere else.

We stopped at Primos for breakfast, inside the corn exchange. They specialize in hot dogs but their breakfast menu sounded appealing.

I have to say, hot dogs are not my thing, I would happily pick a burger over one, but those ones sounded like masterpieces, hear this:
The Utah hot dog: Bratwusrt sausage with caramelized onions, Monterey Jack cheese, guacamole, sour cream, tomato salsa and jalapenos.

Oh my. Let's stay focused, we're here to have breakfast.

I went with the "american pancakes and bacon", and Matt went with the "crispy bacon bagel", both 2.85 pounds.
"What a bargain" I thought, and "what a super ultra bargain" I thought again when my plate arrived. There was enough to feed two people there.

Yes I finished it all, why?



A great wee place to get lunch too, with 10% off for students and special offers going on almost every day of the week (damn I wish we were Wednesday for "bagel Wednesdays", why, WHY!!)

I would not dare naming it the "best breakfast in Leeds" as I have not had breakfast anywhere else, but it was the best one I have had in a while that's for sure.

+ great menu for great prices          
- only open for dinner on Thursdays


No comments:

Post a Comment