Sunday 8 July 2012

Taste of Edinburgh



There are many things I adore about the UK, but the weather is my (and my hair's) arch enemy.
I have seen on Twitter that the week end sessions of the Taste of Edinburgh were cancelled due to bad rain, so cheer up everyone, I was there on Friday and will tell you all about it.

When I first got to the meadows, I saw an army of wellies splashing around in the mud.
I looked down at my wee black Primark shoes (oh maaan!) and started my journey through the deep mud to get to the door. At this point I was quite mad that no one let me know. Anyway, I got in.

It looked like one of those huge Sunday markets we have back home, only some highly regarded restaurant were exhibiting.



I went to the press tent to arrange some interviews and was annoyed to hear from them that the celeb chefs would be way too busy to talk to me. If you know my blog you will assume that it did not stop me. But more on this later.

I decided to go on a tour and taste things; after all, this was the reason I came.

What a plethora of flavours: Oatcakes, jam, pickles, olives, nuts, whisky, beer, organic yoghurts , cheeses (click to hear my Scottish cheese tasting experience, FYI my eyes watered a lot).













No comments:

Post a Comment